Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Recently, I visited the Chemical Guys website after seeing some people on here talking about some of their products. It appears that Chemical Guys would be a great value for people that have a detailing business. I`m in the process of trying to do just that.

Ok, here are some of my questions...

1) What are your favorite or just well respected Chemical Guys products (no abbreviations please, their names are kind of long & wacky)?

2) How do they compare to other manufacturers (Megs, Poorboys, Wolfgang, etc.)?

2) For the products that are concentrated, what kind of ratio`s are supposed to be utilized (so I can get an idea how long a product will last)

3) Any other good information that I should know about Chemical Guys?

I greatly appreciate any information.
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    good products. I would do a search since there are many threads on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love CG and have used almost every brand out there.

One thing that is nice is that their sealers can be layered or topped after 20 minutes, opposed ot the normal 12-24 hours, big help!

A must is their Extreme Liquid Shine for trim. It beats every other product out there, saved a few old pieces on a few cras that I tried everything else one.

Their paste nuba (XXX) is just like regualr Nattys. Butter Wet Wax is pretty darn good and quick for use with pc.

Leatehr products are pretty darn good.

Speed Wipe is identical almost to PB S&W, love it. Most of their items are great, but their descriptions are confusing. Sherm8r will chime in here soon enough, he posted some great reviews and knows most of the products inside and out. I ordered small 16 oz bottles when I iniitially tried their stuff and kicked myself for not ordering gallons! And I am no the business! Shipping on gallons is exspensive though, so I`d place a BIG order to make it worthwhile.

OH, EZ Creme Glaze is sweet!

The guys at CG are awesome and cool to speak with as well.

You asked abotu comparisons, they are very close to PB and Adams products. You mentioend Wolfgang and Wolf is my new favorite and seems to have beaten all other brands fo rme. As a busniess I don`t think Wolf woudl be cost effective at all. CG is top notch and as good as any other line. If I were in business I would use 99% CG products.

Post Thanks / Like
    I knew you`d chime in Scooter...thanks! I did a few searches before I posted this thread and noticed you were a big advocate of CG`s.

I`m going to start making a list of CG products to purchase so thanks for your list.

By the way, using gallon jugs to put some liquid wax on a PC isn`t the most convenient process. Do they send any 16 oz. bottles with your purchase? I didn`t see anywhere on their site where they sold the 16 oz. bottles seperately.

Anyway, thanks again for your input. I can`t wait to try them out.
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    I love all my CG products...problem is it`s around 8 bucks shipping a gallon to me...That sucks.
    Phoenix & Scottsdale Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    The elite super plush microfiber with microfiber banding is incredible. It is right up there with the miracle towel by properautocare.

Overall, most products are pretty good. You definitely get more than you pay for with most of their products, but keep that in perspective. The look and durability of some of their waxes and sealants are NOT as good as some of the higher-end and boutique product line-ups.

One product I did not like at all was the All-in-one acrylic polish. Thats my only negative experience with CG.

Also, since you are looking for professional quality products, check out Hi-temp. Their polishes produce wonderful results. I also like their one step polish. It has enough bite to it to polish, while also leaving good protection (many one-step polish/waxes are mediocre at both, imo). topoftheline.com hi-tempinc.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by awahl63
    I love all my CG products...problem is it`s around 8 bucks shipping a gallon to me...That sucks.

You think that`s much? Try paying $50 for shipping a gallon...

I tried some products before CG and I must say CG rocks!

Great customer service, great products, I`m one step from completing my CG colection :getdown

My last order was of the elite microfiber and they are awsome! I had ordered from them their regular microfiber and franquely it sucked so I was a bit afraid to order microfiber from them again but since they always helped me out in everything I gave it a shot and boy am I glad I did it :spot

Some products I can`t live without:

maxi suds

ez creme glaze

gel

vrt

factory sealant

leather twins

just to name a few... :2thumbs:

If I had to start now I would buy everything again from CG, you can`t go wrong with them :woot2:
    Groundforce

Post Thanks / Like
    What about "easy of use" ... that`s one of my highest priorities these days.
    Interviewer: : Rock, you got anything derogatory to say about the champ?

Rocky Balboa: Derogatory? Yeah. He`s great

Post Thanks / Like
    They have the easiest products to use IMO
    Phoenix & Scottsdale Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, thanks for all of your input. This helps me out a lot!!!
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, I forgot about their car wash shamppos, yes great foaming smelling stuff!

I think you can order a few 16 oz bottles to go along with the gallon stuff for like $10 each.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mshu7
    Recently, I visited the Chemical Guys website after seeing some people on here talking about some of their products. It appears that Chemical Guys would be a great value for people that have a detailing business. I`m in the process of trying to do just that.

Ok, here are some of my questions...

1) What are your favorite or just well respected Chemical Guys products (no abbreviations please, their names are kind of long & wacky)?

2) How do they compare to other manufacturers (Megs, Poorboys, Wolfgang, etc.)?

2) For the products that are concentrated, what kind of ratio`s are supposed to be utilized (so I can get an idea how long a product will last)

3) Any other good information that I should know about Chemical Guys?

I greatly appreciate any information.

If you`re getting into the detailing business you might want to check and see if there are local ditributors that deliver in your area. By doing volume with these guys, you can probably get a nice discount and excellent delivery service. Car Groom and Automagic are two common ones that set up local distributorships and have a product line similar to Chemical Guys.

:waxing:

Post Thanks / Like
    I finally saw this thread Scooter!! Ha, I love the stuff, and I thank RCBuddha for fueling the addiction! Hopefully he chimes in too, he knows their products better than I. Their website/descriptions are scatterbained and confusing, but the stuff they make is great bang for the buck.

You can find 16oz. and some gallons at Danase.com. Plus, Bob`s a forum sponsor so you can get 10% off your orders there.

1) I 2nd everything Scooterguitar said 100%... but here are my additions to the "favs list":

EZ Creme Glaze--Favorite product right now...glaze that protects...and only glaze I know of that can be topped wtih a polymer sealant

Revive Glaze--like 3 products in one, a cleaner/glaze/light carnauba wax

Pro Detailer--another QD with excellent cleaning ability, even better slickness, but only for use over carnaubas

Spider polish--cuts well initially and diminishing abrasives allow it to finish out well too, so most of the time no follow-up finishing polish is needed

Maxi-Suds and BodyWashnWax--both awesome foaming washes and very cheap. BodyWash doesn`t add any slickness or gloss though, so just go for whichever scent you like better (cherry vs. grape)

Lightning Fast Stain Remover--I wouldn`t use it all over, but it takes out spot stains easily

Leather scent--I like the smell and it`s easy to use

I also love the stuff that Scooter mentioned. I like a lot of their other stuff too, but they aren`t revolutionary enough to go on the "fav" list.

All CG products are rediculously easy to use, but their waxes and sealants are lacking in the durability department. Applying thinly is always best, and their waxes/sealants are ususally very easy to apply thinly/evenly. Their waxes/sealants are also VERY machine friendly, so for your business you should consider waxing by PC to save time. :waxing:

2) CG is *very similar* (wink-wink) to Adam`s and Poorboy`s.

3) Pro Detailer @ 2:1 (product:water), washes I only use a half-ounce in a 5 gal bucket

4) Shipping directly is very expensive, as the others mentioned. The products themselves are very inexpensive in gallon form. If you want to try stuff out in smaller quanities, it makes more sense to buy from Danase`. If I were running a business I would be using 99% CG and buying large orders from them at a time. CG is an amazing value...boutique products in bulk at low prices. Just look up reviews to decide for yourself which products you should get. Definitely check them out, and call up or email Paul and set up an account so you can get discounts. :2thumbs:

BTW, their new microfibers look identical to others sold by certain vendors, but for a lot less $.

Oh and about the 16oz. bottles...on the site they sell empty bottles with sprayers, so I`m sure Paul can hook you up. There`s no way people just pour the stuff out of the gallon jug... :chuckle:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman8r44
    I finally saw this thread Scooter!! Ha, I love the stuff, and I thank RCBuddha for fueling the addiction! Hopefully he chimes in too, he knows their products better than I.

Sherm, I got your page... :chuckle:

My favorite CG products(currently) :

Window Cleaner

Odor Eliminator

Natural Shine Dressing

Trim Gel

Speed Wipe

Maxi Suds Shampoo

Lightning fast carpet Cleaner

Premium Blue Wheel Cleaner

Ultra plush MF

WW drying towels

I use these pretty much on every wash/detail, they all perform quite well and I have no hesitations recommending them to anyone.

To date I`ve used or tried just about every CG product that the website lists, all are easy to use and provide nice results. I`ve been less thrilled with the durability of the sealants/waxes, but the polishes work quite well and leave a nice looking surface.

I guess I`m spoiled, because CG is about a 20min drive from where I am, so shipping is not an issue. However, my recommendation is to get some 16oz bottles from Danase, its the best way to buy stuff to try, at minmal cost.

Post Thanks / Like
    the shipping is a little high so I did not buy some items through them. I like all there products but (1). There Butter wet wax sucks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information