Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I think I want new wheels, for several reasons, the main being that my wheels have something on them from sitting in the body shop for over a month without ever being washed or anything and a couple of rains. I have tried everything to get it off (clay, polish, compound, finger nail!) and nothing works. The other reason I want new wheels is that the current ones are a major PITA to clean! And the last reason is I am starting to see too many people with the same rims as me and that just doesn`t work. lol

Current set is Z06 Motorsports

Anyway I want some plain 5 spoke wheels that are easy to clean, either powdercoated black already or easily powdercoated black and are not too common. Oh ya and they have to be 17x9, 17x9.5 (preferably) OR rears 17x10/10.5/or11s

And have to be under $1500 for the set

I am basically down to two wheels, but if you have any to recomend then let me know.

First ROH Snyper 17x9 $210 each

I likem and haven`t seem them on too many cars (never in person) and the price is right, but I would have to get them powder coated and they are slightly narrower than I would like, but if 275/40/17s fit on them then its OK.

Next ROH ZS Racing 17x9.5 $250 each

I like these too, especially on Trans Ams. Once again, haven`t seen them in real life. They are the right size too. The bad things are, I dont think they are powdercoated black, but dark grey, still would look good I think but might be worth spending a little extra for black powdercoating. Also not too sure about the writing on the wheels.

And ROH ZS regular (non coated) $210 each

Same positives as the other ones, but I can get these coated black, already a machined and cleared lip.

Let me know what you guys think I should do.

Thanks in advance
    1970 Camaro RS
    2013 Optima SX
    2005 Escalade Platinum
    2000 Integra GSR

Post Thanks / Like
    I vote for the first one. especially when powdercoated *drool*
    2009 Montego Blue BMW 335i :woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, me too. I like the thinner looking spokes compared to the other two.

Post Thanks / Like
    First one. Definitely.

I like simple 5 spoke wheels too I`ve got a set of new (oh wait they just look brand new) wheels in my living room right now.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    And I really dislike the way they put "RACING" in huge letters on the lip. It looks like it belongs on a Geo Storm with a 5" fart can.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the z06 motorsports,hopefully the G/F gets them for christmas,what size are yours,are you willing to sell?Replicas i assume.thanks Rob

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rob97ss
    I love the z06 motorsports,hopefully the G/F gets them for christmas,what size are yours,are you willing to sell?Replicas i assume.thanks Rob
    Mine are 17x9.5s and yes I will be selling these, but without tires most likely. They have about 3K miles on them and I have one extra that is slightly scratched that I would sell with it. Not sure what I`ll be asking though.

As for my future wheels, ya, I didn`t really like the Racing writen on the wheel, but it might just be stick on. I like the first set a lot but just not shure how my current tires would fit on the 9" wheel. I would also have to find a place to get quality powdercoating done.

Thanks guys, let me hear what else you all have to say.
    1970 Camaro RS
    2013 Optima SX
    2005 Escalade Platinum
    2000 Integra GSR

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontman43
    Mine are 17x9.5s and yes I will be selling these, but without tires most likely. They have about 3K miles on them and I have one extra that is slightly scratched that I would sell with it. Not sure what I`ll be asking though.

As for my future wheels, ya, I didn`t really like the Racing writen on the wheel, but it might just be stick on. I like the first set a lot but just not shure how my current tires would fit on the 9" wheel. I would also have to find a place to get quality powdercoating done.

Thanks guys, let me hear what else you all have to say.

without tires is a plus,when you do decide let me know.A 275/40 will fit on a 9in rim,all f-bodys that come with 17in rims are 9in.My 1997 camaro ss with zr1`s are 17*9 with a 275/40

Rob

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I can see how you`d be tired of cleaning all those screw heads (fake or not) on your current wheels. I like the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by White95Max
    And I really dislike the way they put "RACING" in huge letters on the lip. It looks like it belongs on a Geo Storm with a 5" fart can.
    Oh and :har:

Post Thanks / Like
    The first one!

The second one is alright, but that lettering looks really cheap.
    Life is just too short to drive a substandard vehicle...

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m thinking the first then. One positive about the ZS Racing is that it does incorporate red (not really in a way I like, but..) which is a plus because I want to get some pinstriping done on the top of my wing in red most likely. What do you all think of that?
    1970 Camaro RS
    2013 Optima SX
    2005 Escalade Platinum
    2000 Integra GSR

Post Thanks / Like
    Not one of the options, but I think your current wheels look great on your car. Id stick with them

Post Thanks / Like
    You might want to go to http://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_gara...autoYear=2002/ before making a final decision. Put your car up there and see what they have that will fit and how they will look on your car. I really think a silver wheel on that car would look best, but to each his own. I went their recently and got 18x8.5 AMG Double Spoke Bright Sil, front, and 18x9 AMG Double Spoke Bright Sil, back. They require an extra five minutes to clean but are well worth in IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ramp
    You might want to go to http://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_gara...autoYear=2002/ before making a final decision. Put your car up there and see what they have that will fit and how they will look on your car. I really think a silver wheel on that car would look best, but to each his own. I went their recently and got 18x8.5 AMG Double Spoke Bright Sil, front, and 18x9 AMG Double Spoke Bright Sil, back. They require an extra five minutes to clean but are well worth in IMO.
    I tried that, but they dont have a lot of choices. Most of the wheels for my car are either replicas or ugly. I dont really want replicas again, I want something more original.

What do you guys think about these Boyd Coddingtons in comparison to the Snypers, are they worth the $460 each in comparison to the Snypers less than half at $210

I personally like them more, but dont know if its worth the extra $. One plus is that BC will coat them for $100 a wheel, so I wont have to go get them done.

1970 Camaro RS
    2013 Optima SX
    2005 Escalade Platinum
    2000 Integra GSR

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the Boyd Coddingtons much better than the Snypers, and think they are worth the extra $ -- especially since you can get them coated w/ no extra effort. Very clean look and I really like the deep lip. Sorry Tire Rack didn`t have much for your car. They had dozens of wheels for mine. Good luck!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information